Styling Bookcases

I have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to style the bookcases in the Den. Pete has organized all the DVDs in the drawers below, but the shelves are my territory. I once read somewhere that built-ins were not helpful when selling a house because many people didn't know what to do with them. I am not one of those people. When I style bookcases, there will be a lot of books.

First step, add books; personal collection

Yesterday, I accomplished the first step of styling bookcases -- add books. Today, I will begin layering in decorative items. I will also plead with Pete to better organize his electrical cords. I so hate those things!

I parted company with Zuniga when styling these shelves. They wanted me to buy old books by the foot in specific colors. I could care less about the color of a book; do I love it and will I reread it? That's my only criteria for keeping a book and displaying it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer