Exterior Lighting: You Get What You Pay For

I initially selected Y Decor's 1-Light Galvanized Finish Outdoor Wall Sconce from Home Depot as our exterior lights. At $36 each, the price was right. I ordered one as a sample and am so glad I did.

Y Decor's 1-Light Galvanized Finish Outdoor Wall Sconce; courtesy Home Depot

It wasn't really galvanized; it was a fake finish and cheap looking as well.

The lighting selected by our builder when pricing the contract was from Kichler Lighting. They went for a modern farmhouse look and used black or oil-rubbed bronze fixtures. We're going for a more coastal vibe and want to use shiny, reflective fixtures. But I thought it would be a good idea to stay with Kichler if at all possible. And it was. I chose their Northland sconces in brushed aluminum.

Northland 1-Light Wall Light in Brushed Aluminum; courtesy of Kichler Lighting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer