Cabinet Conundrum Solved

When I ask Zuniga Interiors a question, I always get a beautiful answer. Here's the solution to my cabinet conundrum.

Cabinets over refrigeration columns; courtesy of Zuniga Interiors (source unknown)

What was the problem?

Those short, squatty upper cabinets above the refrigeration columns that don't align with the appliance widths.

Elevation drawing of refrigerator/freezer wall; courtesy of JAK Moulding & Supply

Those cabinets really bothered me. When we visited the cabinet supplier in May to complete the outstanding items related to our order, we talked about the squatty cabinets. Working under the premise the cabinets would be operable, there just wasn't a good CabCraft solution. So we didn't change anything.

But they continued to bother me, and I finally did what I should have done in the beginning. I emailed Zuniga Interiors. They pointed out the appliances were 7 feet tall and those cabinets would be difficult to access. They suggested using false front cabinet doors (fake doors) that were the same width as the three appliances. Problem sorted.

Of course, this means a change to our appliance selections as we will no longer be using stainless steel doors for the appliance but rather cabinet panels. Each little decision always impacts several others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer