Pantry Tour

I have been getting a lot of requests for photos of the rooms in our house. This probably isn't the room anyone wants to see, but the pantry is the closest to being finished. So that's what you will see!

The pantry is accessible from the kitchen via a swing door. I chose to have glass installed in the top panel of the door to let more light into the kitchen as the pantry window is south facing.

Pantry door from kitchen; personal collection

I enlarged the pantry by two feet so it is 6 feet 10 inches deep. There is a U-shaped counter that is standard depth under the window but only 12 inches deep along the side walls. An Elkay stainless steel sink is under the window and this is where I hand wash my pots, pans and wine glasses. I am waiting on a woven Roman shade for the window and a fabric "skirt" under the sink to hide the plumbing and whatever cleaning supplies end up down there. The rug is a flatweave outdoor rug that matches the rug we have under our kitchen table and chairs. Most of the organizing aides were from various Amazon sellers. I highly recommend madesmart products. I found them on Amazon, but do make a trip to their website -- terrific stuff to organize your cabinets.

Pantry sink counter; personal collection

To the right (as you are facing the sink) is where I keep spare wineglasses, extra dishes and flatware and infrequently used serving pieces. My cookbooks are on the top shelf as I rarely use them now that I use an Internet app to store recipes. Pete's alcohol is stored here as well as some small appliances. This is the short side of the pantry as one of our cold air returns vents is to the right.

Right side of the pantry; personal collection

The left side of the pantry (as you are facing the sink) is the food side. You'll notice Pete is a snacker.

Left side of the pantry; personal collection


And just because my rack from the Spicerackcity Etsty store makes me so happy, here's a photo of it on the wall. So many spices, herbs and seasonings to buy! (We moved no food items from New York as we knew we'd be living in a rental for several months. So we're buying seasonings as we need them.) The trash can and my step stool are also stored against this wall. The 10-foot ceilings make me a shortie!

Spice rack; personal collection

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer