Kitchen Eat-in Area: Rug? Yes or No

A rug under the dining table is a personal choice. Many choose not to have one to ease clean up. However, I like the look of a rug under a table. We also installed pre-finished hardwood in our kitchen in Virginia and had engineered hardwood in the dining room in our apartment in New York. In both locations our dining room chairs scratched and marred the flooring -- something I'd like to avoid in River House.

Zuniga Interiors provided three options for a rug under our dining table. This is my favorite.

Wexford Striped Flatweave Area Rug in Marbella Blue from Beachcrest Home;
courtesy of Wayfair

I think it will look terrific with our furniture selections. I'm just dithering now about the size -- 5'10" x 9'2" as Zuniga recommended or 7'6" x 10'9"? The table is 41" wide and I want to be sure there is enough room on either side to easily move the dining chairs. Next time we visit the house I'll bring my trusty tape measure along to check to see if a rug 7'6" wide will fit in the space.

Design concept for Kitchen eat-in area; courtesy of Zuniga Interiors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer