The Flip-flop-flip Made Me Do It

After falling in love with the UGG Napa shower curtain, I changed the floor tile color in the upstairs bathroom from Lagoon (deep blue) to beige. I wasn’t crazy about the change, but felt it was the only way that shower curtain would work.

Then I got the design concept for the Bonus Room from Zuniga Interiors and it was all about indigo blue and sand with lots of woven textures and geometric shapes. It was perfect and it was designed to complement that lagoon blue penny round floor tile in the adjacent bath. So I flipped back to that color from the beige I was never really wild about in the first place. Plus, Pete and our builder’s interior designer shamed me into changing tile because of a shower curtain!

I went looking for a new shower curtain. Googling “lagoon blue shower curtain” resulted in nothing very exciting the first time around, but Googling “indigo shower curtain” netted much different options, including this hand printed, from hand-carved wood blocks, shower curtain. I purchased it through Saffron Marigold, a boutique that specializes in globally inspired artisanal home textiles.

Starry Nights shower curtain from Saffron Marigold; personal collection

Who says flip-flopping is a bad thing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer