Kitchen Sinks: Stainless Steel Yes or No? One Bowl or Two, More?

I went back to Houzz.com for advice about how to choose the right kitchen sink.

The farmhouse sink is on-trend now and I like single-bowl sinks, but they have to be installed perfectly or they just look off. The cabinets, countertops and sink have to all be aligned just so. I'm also not a fan of stainless steel. I've read a lot about how difficult copper and brass sinks are to maintain -- must be wiped after each use and require special cleaning products -- but that's no different than a stainless steel sink. I find them practically impossible to keep clean. Give me a good enamel and cast iron, deep under-mount sink and I'm happy.

Kohler Cape Dory sink; courtesy of Kingston Design Remodeling

We are using an Elkay stainless steel, double bowl under-mount sink in the pantry. It's the sink I'll use to handwash most of the things that can't go in the dishwasher. If you go in my pantry, you might see water spots in my sink. You have been forewarned!

Elkay Dayton Stainless Steel OffSet Double Bowl Sink; courtesy of Elkay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer