Screen Porch Furniture Layout

I like to layout out furniture on a floor plan to ensure there is balance in the room and the furniture isn't "piled" up on one side making the room look out of balance or heavy on one side. Once I have the balance every room needs, I refine the layout to ensure each piece of furniture fits the space and that there is sufficient space for traffic flow.

This is my first attempt at a furniture layout for the screen porch. The goal, again being balance.

Screen porch furniture layout; personal collection

The furniture is not drawn to scale -- that will come with later refinements. I have color coded the furniture so I know which pieces we already own (blue) and which pieces would need to be purchased (red). I've also identified which doors are active because I do not want to place furniture in front of those doors. The inactive panels may be treated as windows or walls. Another words, furniture may be placed in front of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer