Great Room Starting to Come Together

The next major purchase for the Great Room are the rugs. I plan to layer a wool rug over a sisal. Thanks to the sisal samples that arrived last week, I know I'll be ordering the Prato Tan rug with Harvest Haze binding as the bottom rug. I'm still waiting on a sample of the wool rug I plan to order.

The fabrics in the room will be beautiful in a very understated way as the star of the room is the fireplace.

Great Room fabrics; personal collection

The fabric samples are on the flat weave outdoor rug in the dining area of the kitchen, which is visible from the great room. Starting from the lower left are the pillow (stripe) and spool chair fabrics. Above them is the sofa fabric (the textured solid beige gold). To its immediate left is the fabric for 22" square pillows -- two of five pillows for the sofa. The samples in the upper right are for the window treatments in the dining area -- woven wood shades and linen drapes. Putting all the samples together lets me see that I should go a bit more creamy with the linen drapes. The small woven sample at the lower left is the sisal I've chose for the under rug. The large plaid sample is the fabric which we'll use to reupholster our Thurston Wing Chair from Ballard Designs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer