Our Interior Designer Will Hate Me

My original plan for the Den was to frame Pete’s Dad’s important World War II medals and hang the three of them on the wall above the bar chart. Pete had another idea. And because of all the red and brown leather books on the shelves, it sort of works. It’s not coastal, but I don’t think every room has to be, especially if it doesn’t have a water view.

This oversized glicee copy of Audubon’s Scarlet Ibis painting now hangs over the bar cart. I bought it several years ago to hang over the sofa in the den of our home in Oakton. Who knew It became one of Pete’s favorites? I found out when I tried putting it in the donate pile of art because the colors weren’t right.

Scarlet Ibis glicee reproduction; personal collection


And since we’ve introduced a little red and brown into the room, one of my favorites pieces — a Picasso sketch of a woman reading, probably done in his teens when he still created realist drawings and paintings.

Picasso sketch; personal collection


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer