Inaccurate Web Information or #Serena&LilyFail

As we begin to live in River House, the lack of counter stools became an issue. I usually sit at the counter when chopping produce while preparing our meals. While I love the Palecek Capitola, I didn't love the price. I thought I would try something less expensive and turned again to Serena & Lily. I chose their Riviera Sunwashed counter stool in Natural.

Riviera Sunwashed Counter Stool; courtesy of Serena & Lily

The price for the three counter stools I needed was less than two thirds the price of Palecek's Capitola. And the Serena & Lily website said the interior seat dimension was 18-1/2 inches -- 2-1/2 inches wider than the very uncomfortable Avalon. I was a bit skeptical the dimensions provided on the website were correct. The overall size was 18 inches wide by 23-1/2 inches deep by 42 inches high. Yet, the inner seat dimensions were listed as 18-1/2 inches wide by 15-1/2 inches deep. How could the inner seat be wider than the entire piece of furniture?

It turns out I was right to be skeptical. The inner seat width was actually 16-1/2 inches wide. So back the three counter stools went. At least it's somewhat easy to return items to Serena & Lily. But who ensures their website is accurate?

Still no counter stools, but I've learned my lesson. No more experiments. I'm holding out for the Capitola stools.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer