Countertop Disappointment

When we visited the cabinet supplier in May, I selected countertops for the Laundry Room. We decided to use Formica as a cost-savings measure. This is the color I chose:

Laundry Room countertop; personal collection

We visited the house today to finalize the fireplace design and the countertops had been installed in the Laundry Room. I was surprised and more than a bit disappointed when I saw them. There is a lot more pattern than I anticipated from the wee sample.

Countertop installed; personal collection

Too late, I went to the WilsonArt website and looked up "Drama Marble," the name of our selection. The description on their website would have had me scrambling for a new choice if I'd read it earlier:

"A striking white marble design with vivid grey, brown, and bronze veining..."

Vivid certainly was NOT what I was going for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer