Tile Tribulations

We planned to tile the wall (behind the toilet and vanity) in the half bath from floor to ceiling using Daltile’s Premiere Accents Pearl Herringbone Stone Mosaic Wall Tile. We learned it's a tile made exclusively for Home Depot so it was something we would have to order directly instead of through our builder's tile supplier.

However, when I went to order the tile, it was out of stock and wasn't expected to be restocked until late August. So I went looking for a replacement. I found a very similar tile on Houzz.com from Stone Tile Mosaics. It was $9.00 a square foot more, which made me unhappy. Just before sucking up the extra expense, I decided to check out the Home Depot website to see if our preferred tile was still out of stock. This time the website let me order the 85 sheets we needed. Score!

Pete and I will pick it up in Jacksonville, North Carolina, later this month.

Our first choice on the left from DalTile via Home Depot. Our second choice from Stone Tile Mosaics via Houzz.com; personal collection.

There is more color variation in our first choice, which works better with the wood vanity, but either one would work. I felt lucky to have found such a similar replacement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Den Built-ins

Selecting the House Plan

Selecting an Interior Designer